MESAM is the first Society established in our country in the field of intellectual property, and is the biggest musical rights society that continues its activities as the pioneer of the sector today.
MESAM continues its operations to protect the interests of the musical works owners (composers, songwriters, and arrangers) and those who have the authority to exercise financial rights, manage and follow the rights recognized under Law No. 5846, to collect the fees to be collected and to distribute such fees to the right holders.
MESAM protects the rights of MESAM members in the field of mechanical and performing rights in more than 100 countries through representation agreements signed with foreign copyright societies, and legally makes the world repertoire available to Turkish music users. Our Society is also a member of the International Confederation of Societies of Authors and Composers (CISAC), which represents the owners of works in the fields of music, cinema, literature, theater, and plastic arts, and the Bureau International de l'Edition Mécanique (BIEM) in the field of mechanical rights.
MESAM fulfills its duties as a pioneering society in order to establish the awareness of copyright in our country and to eliminate all kinds of unauthorized use with the power it takes from the work owners.
- To effectively protect the rights and interests of the musical works owners and to give them the rights to be obtained from these works with correct and economic methods.
- To accurately represent and protect the rights and interests of the authors in accordance with the developing structure of copyrights and the requirements of the times.
- MESAM does not discriminate between its members and their practices in terms of religion, language, race, gender, or genre of music.
- MESAM follows the principles of advanced societies within the framework of the laws in all of its practices.
- The principle of transparency is essential in its practices.
- MESAM aims to protect the legal rights and interests of the owners in the most effective way.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
Musical Work Owners Society of Turkey continues to operate with a corporate vision always preferred first to protect the interests of the musical work owners in accordance with Law No. 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works, Society Bylaws and Regulations, and ISO 9001 Quality Management System standards.
Our core quality policy is;
- To ensure continuity in quality service mentality we offer to the work owners and all related parties,
- To add value to the society and the country we live in with our activities,
- To ensure that MESAM principles are adopted,
- To ensure the effectiveness and continuous improvement of our quality management system, to always follow national and international values and standards, legal regulations, and quality management system requirements,
- To follow the developments in the world regarding tracking the rights of the work owners and to ensure that these are applied within our society,
- To increase the knowledge and skills of our entire team with training, to adopt the principle of teamwork, and thus ensure that they contribute to continuous improvement activities,
- To ensure the continuity of the satisfaction of all parties benefiting from our services and the trust they have in our society.